The following are Revenue and Expense categories for . There are also links below that will allow users to drill down further and determine what actually composes these categories. As a reminder
- Net Income Revenues minus expenses and taxes. A good measure of a company's profitability over time.
- Operating Profit or Loss The profit or loss earned from the airlines core business. Naturally this excludes other outside investments.
- Operating Revenues The revenue generated by the company's core business.
- Operating Expenses The expenses incurred by the company's core business.
- NonOperating Income and Expense Revenue generated and expenses incurred in business dealings outside the core business.
- Income Before Income Tax & Income Tax for Period Reflects the Income before taxes are considered.
- Discontinued Operations and Extraordinary Items Part of the company that is no longer operational. A better explanation can be seen from the following link http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/discontinued-operations.asp
- Accounting Changes Companies are allowed to use approved rules for accounting as long as they are consistent. If they change to a different approved rule then the numbers needed to reflect that change in accounting accuratly are reflected here.